WordPress Developer Wanted!
Do you find yourself wanting to push your WordPress development skills beyond the level your current job allows? Are you frustrated at building small or boring WordPress sites and want to work on more e-commerce and custom sites? Perhaps you feel under-appreciated or restricted in your current WordPress developer role?
If you answer “yes” to any of those questions, we have the job for you. We’re seeking a senior WordPress developer to lead the team and deliver projects that run smoothly. We have clients with sensible budgets, a great creative team and we focus on high-end, e-commerce and often highly customised WordPress/Woocommerce sites.
This is an opportunity for an experienced developer with years of WordPress development experience to move their career to the next level by providing team leadership, project management and client-facing skills. Our work isn’t entirely limited to WordPress either, as we frequently build standalone content pieces and work on other platforms which will test your knowledge of bespoke experience design.
In return, we will provide you with opportunities to learn new things, develop your career and work in a relaxed, fun environment where you have the freedom to work as you choose and our support to experiment with new tactics and technologies.
We’ve won awards for our use of technology and our creativity. We have excellent independent feedback from staff past and present about the working environment (“It’s very relaxed but not in a lazy way… Here everything you do is valued… the right formula to lead a team and make them feel rewarded and feel at ease.”) We deliver great results for clients who appreciate our work.
So what do you need to come and work here?
- Work with the design and development team to build and maintain WordPress & WooCommerce websites based on client specifications and best practices.
- Develop bespoke functionality within the WordPress/WooCommerce platform.
- Work with the design & SEO team to create engaging interactive content experiences for mobile and desktop in PHP/ASP/HTML5/JS.
- Work with the SEO team to adhere to SEO best practice.
- Manage web projects directly with the client, including initial brief and handover.
- Communicate with clients about their needs and requirements, solving problems both online, over the phone and in person.
- Work autonomously, and manage priorities between internal and external work.
- Be a knowledge base for all development enquiries within Boom Online Marketing.
- Extensive proven experience in e-commerce site development.
- Proven experience leading project teams, or being high up in them.
- WordPress & WooCommerce development & deployment (Minimum 3 years’ commercial experience).
- Comprehensive experience with PHP, MYSQL, HTML, CSS, JS, JQUERY (other libraries are a bonus).
- Comprehensive understanding of the relationship between front and backend development.
- Experience with server admin (particularly Apache & Nginx).
- Experience of site speed optimization.
- A knowledge of SEO best practices in web development.
- Experience of responsive development.
- Awareness of latest trends in web development.
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of other web dev languages/frameworks (i.e. .Net, Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Experience of working with designers.
- Experience of working with SEO professionals.
- Experience with Google Shopping Feeds and other PPC development concerns.
- Comfortable with version control systems.
What we can offer you
- Salary will range from £30,000 – £35,000 per year, depending on experience.
- Profit share bonus scheme.
- Private Healthcare.
- Excellent career development.
- A relaxed working environment with a high degree of autonomy.
- Opportunity to grow, develop and build your personal brand in the industry.
- Opportunity to work alongside multiple disciplines and expand your digital knowledgebase.
- Plenty of cake.
Applications: Please send applications including CV and links to your portfolio website and/or completed projects to amy.hunt [at] boom-online.co.uk