Are you frustrated by your current SEO role? Keen to mix up your technical and creative skills on bigger and better projects? Do you have a desire for good customer service and the ability to explain complex subjects in a way everyone can understand?
Then you need to talk to Boom. We’re looking for an experienced SEO professional who can handle multiple projects at once, whilst providing excellent communication to our clients. We’ll provide the opportunities to work with interesting clients and sensible budgets, you need to provide the technical, creative and outreach/PR expertise.
We’ll also provide you with opportunities to learn new things, develop your career and work in a relaxed, fun environment where you have the freedom to work as you choose and our support to experiment with new tactics and technologies. This is definitely not a big battery-farm agency where you have 100 clients nor a place where the managing director tells you how every little thing should be done!
We’ve won awards for our use of technology and our creativity. We have excellent independent feedback from staff past and present about the working environment (“It’s very relaxed but not in a lazy way… Here everything you do is valued… the right formula to lead a team and make them feel rewarded and feel at ease.”) We deliver great results for clients who appreciate our work.
So what do you need to come and work here?
The ideal person will have a minimum of one years’ commercial experience in a relevant role, preferably with experience of a variety of websites/clients. The role requires someone who is capable of managing their own time and priorities, responding to client requests at short notice and carrying out their own research but knowing when to ask for help. You’ll need a genuine interest in the digital marketing industry, a thirst for knowledge and perhaps a bit of a competitive streak.
- Plan and ensure the successful delivery of SEO and content marketing campaigns (encompassing technical SEO, on-page optimisation, content creation, outreach and PR).
- Communicate and report monthly to clients regarding the strategy and ongoing success of these campaigns.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time and on-budget through completion of your own tasks, smart delegation and (where necessary) with outside specialist contractors.
- Help streamline and improve internal processes to improve client project success.
- Work as part of a team. Due to the nature of what we do you will be required to work with and alongside other members of the team to develop and execute multi-discipline strategies.
In return, we will provide support, training and an environment where staff are encouraged to take the lead and run with their ideas. We regularly send staff on conferences and have an in-house training programme, as well as time set aside for individual reading & learning. We have design and development skills in-house to help with the production of content and assets, alongside a friendly and relaxed team who are willing to share ideas and learn from each other. We also eat a lot of cake.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work and manage own workload.
- One years’ experience in an SEO-oriented role, whether that be in an agency or in-house.
- Experience in creating strategies and the ability to plan for long term SEO and content strategies.
- A strong understanding of all aspects of digital marketing and the ability to verbally communicate these to other team members and clients.
- An analytical mind-set, good numeracy skills and proficiency in using Google Analytics.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of social media in a business environment.
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a growing team.
- The desire to keep up with the latest best practices, technology and tools.
- The ability to think both creatively and analytically.
- The ability to think on your feet and make decisions quickly in a fast-paced environment.
Bonus Points For:
- A degree in marketing, media/communications, creative disciplines, English or a similar relevant subject.
- A good understanding of HTML & CSS.
- Google AdWords and/or Google Analytics accreditation.
- A working knowledge of SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, Sistrix, Botify, AWR, SEMRush, Moz, KWFinder etc.
- A good understanding of data and how to represent it visually.
- A solid understanding of design principles and how design works on the web.
- Experience in Conversion Rate Optimisation.
- The desire to learn how psychology can be used to improve digital marketing results across the board.
What we can offer you
- Salary will range from £25,000 – £30,000 depending on experience. Think you’re really good and have the chops but expect a bit more? Try us, you never know…
- Profit share bonus scheme.
- Private Healthcare.
- Excellent career development.
- Opportunity to grow, develop and build your personal brand in the industry.
- Cake. LOTS of cake.
Applicants: Please send applications along with your CV to amy.hunt [at] boom-online.co.uk
*NO AGENCIES PLEASE