WANTED! Middleweight Web Developer
Boom Online Marketing is a leading digital marketing agency in the East Midlands. The continued expansion of the business has created a need for a driven, well rounded web developer to come and join the growing digital design team.
As Boom’s in-house developer, you will be working alongside our design and SEO teams to deliver a range of exciting online experiences across e-commerce, service industries, web apps and content marketing.
Our clients span business-to-business and business-to-consumer sectors.
The successful candidate would be expected to:
· Work with the design team to build and maintain Magento e-commerce Websites based on client specifications and best practices.
· Work with the design & SEO team to create engaging interactive content experiences for mobile and desktop in PHP/HTML5/JS
· Work with the SEO team to adhere to SEO best practice.
· Communicate with clients about their needs and requirements, solving problems both online, over the phone and in person.
· Adapt to non PHP platforms clients may be using.
· Work autonomously, and manage priorities between internal and external work.
Candidates are required to have the following experience:
· A Computer Science Degree (or comparable)
• At least 2 years’ experience in web development (freelance or in house)
• Magento development & deployment (Minimum 6 months commercial experience)
• Comprehensive experience with PHP, MYSQL, HTML, CSS, JS, JQUERY (other libraries are a bonus)
• Experience with “server-side” admin & dev
• Confident “client-side” development, incl. JS
• WordPress development & deployment.
• Experience of communication with clients from the genesis of a project through to site launch and ongoing support.
• Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
• A knowledge of SEO best practices in web development.
• Experience of responsive development.
• An understanding of what makes online cultures tick.
Desirable skills include:
• Experience of site speed optimization
• Understanding of other development languages (i.e. ASP, Ruby, Python, Perl, etc)
• Experience of working with designers
• Experience of working with SEO professionals.
• Experience with Google Shopping Feeds and other PPC development concerns.
• Comfortable with version control systems
What we can offer you:
· Salary will range from £22,000 – £27,000 per year, depending on experience.
· Profit share bonus scheme
· Private Healthcare
· Excellent career development
· Opportunity to grow, develop and build your personal brand in the industry.
· Personal development plan with time each month for development.
· Opportunity to work alongside multiple disciplines and expand your digital knowledgebase
· Plenty of cake
· Ongoing Table Football League
What Is It Like To Work At Boom?
In a recent independent review conducted by the Nottingham Trent University, Boom employees have said:
“We’re building something really good here and, hopefully, everyone comes along for the ride”
“I am totally happy. I am really, really impressed at how the directors run this place. They have the right formula to lead a team and make them feel rewarded and feel at ease.”
“It’s very relaxed but not in a lazy way. Many employers say that if staff are happy you get the best out of them. But I genuinely believe that is what the managers believe here.”
“For many companies, salary is it. Here everything you do is valued.”
Applications: Please send applications including CV and links to your portfolio website and/or completed projects to philippa [at] boom-online.co.uk
**Due to the high volume of applications we will only be responding to successful candidates.**